Updated: October 11, 2015
This policy describes how Sketchboard treats your information, not how other organizations treat your information.
Information we collect and receive
We collect different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some is non-identifying or aggregated. Here are the types of information we collect or receive:
- Team information. When you create a team on Sketchboard, we collect your email address (as the team admin), your team name and optionally password and team members’ email addresses. Password login is optional and you can also use Google Authentication.
- Account and profile information. The only information we require to create your Sketchboard account is an email address and optionally password. For Google Authenticated user's, first name is stored automatically on your profile. Optional information you can enter into your profile includes information such as your first and last name, display name. Profile avatar is fetched automatically from https://gravatar.com, it is not part of Sketchboard and is a 3rd party public service. Any information you add to your profile is visible to other people on your team.
- Billing information. We collect credit card information if you purchase a premium version of Sketchboard. Credit card information is securely passed to our payment processing partner and is not stored at Sketchboard.
- Log data. When you use Sketchboard, our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website when you’re using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web page you visited before coming to Sketchboard, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and cookie data. Log data does not contain content and is not routinely deleted. We may contact you if there are failures on Sketchboard while you interacted with Sketchboard to resolve problems.
You can integrate other services to Sketchboard
- Team members can add integrations to your team
- You can remove an integration at any time which unbinds that integration on a go-forward basis. That does not, however, delete the content that was received or created through the integration. That content must be deleted manually.
Content that you send and receive within Sketchboard. This includes:
- The board content itself, chat messages, comments, pictures, files and video among other types of files.
- Information from partners or other 3rd parties. Sketchboard may receive information from partners or others that we could use to make our own information better or more useful. This might be aggregate level information about which IP addresses go with which zip codes or it might be more specific information about how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Public boards. On Sketchboard Free Plan boards are public and are available e.g. on https://gallery.sketchboard.me or other channels like blog, Twitter, Pinterest or other channels. Exported public boards contain Sketchboard watermark.
Premium private boards. Private boards are not available publicly. Private boards can be personal or team boards. Personal boards are only accessible by you. Team boards are visible and editable by team members. Read-only teammates can only view, not edit boards within the team. Free Plan includes limited amount of private boards. Optionally you can share a private board outside of your team using a password. With a password anyone can view or edit the board.
Optionally private board snapshot can be manually published by anyone from the team to be accessible by anyone on Sketchboard public channels, using 3rd party services such as Slack, Google Drive, GitHub or an URL address.
In case you ask us to look any problems with some of the private boards, we will look that specific board content to solve any problems that you might be phasing.
Some cookies are associated with your Sketchboard account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which teams you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your Sketchboard account but are unique and allow us to do site analytics and customization, among other things. If you access Sketchboard through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable all cookies you may not be able to use Sketchboard.
Sketchboard sets and accesses our own cookies. In addition, we use 3rd parties like Google Analytics and Mixpanel for website analytics and marketing Sketchboard. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics and Mixpanel on their respective websites.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following to:
- Provide the Sketchboard service. We use information you provide to authenticate you and deliver message content to you and from you
- Understand and improve our products. To make the product better we have to understand how users are using it.
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access, and other illegal activities;
Communicating with you
- Solving your problems and responding to your requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond to that request and address your problems or concerns.
- In-product communications. We may use the information you provide to contact you through Sketchboard or other in-product messaging tools.
- Email messages. We may send you service and administrative emails. These messages are considered part of the service and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we send emails to Sketchboard users about new product features or other news about Sketchboard. You can opt-out of these at any time.
Sketchboard hosts data with hosting service providers. We take reasonable efforts to protect information you provide to us as part of your use of the Sketchboard service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers. Where Sketchboard Web Application data is transferred over the Internet, the data is encrypted using industry standard SSL (HTTPS).
Sketchboard is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that a minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us.
We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us using the information below.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Sketchboard after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are material, we may provide more prominent notice or seek your consent to the new policy.